We've finally found the perfect Vegan Chili recipe, it's awesome! This Red Beans Vegan Chili is delicious, healthy, simple, really easy to make, spicy and so cheap.
We eat legumes at least 4 times every week, because they are so healthy, nutritious and we love them. We're always trying new recipes, especially quick and easy recipes for our daily lives.
You can make delicious and healthy dishes on a budget, because healthy food doesn't have to be expensive. This recipe is so cheap, it costs less than 3 euros or 4 dollars for 4 people, excluding tortilla chips.
We've used organic 100% corn tortilla chips with no preservatives or additives, but you can use your favorite tortilla chips or make them at home, the recipe is so easy, and they are cheaper than store bought, and you can use your favorite spices.
If you can make your our tortilla chips at home, you can use our recipe (it's amazing and you it's ready in 15 or 20 minutes) and you can also make homemade tortillas with corn flour. Both recipes are vegan and gluten-free.
We use red beans instead of another kind of beans, because they contain more disease-fighting antioxidants than blueberries. We shared with you other recipes using them, such as these healthy veggie burgers or this super easy gluten-free brownie.
You can use other vegetables or even you can remove the cayenne powder if you don't like spicy food or you have a delicate stomach. You can also use vegetable broth instead of water and your vegan chili will have more flavor.
If you add more or less liquid, your Red Beans Vegan Chili will be more or less thick, it's up to you! Enjoy this recipe, you need to try it!
Red Beans Vegan Chili
This Red Beans Vegan Chili is delicious, healthy, simple, really easy to make, spicy and so cheap.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Mexican
- 14 ounces or 400 grams of dried red beans or 2 (14 ounces or 400 grams) cans of cooked beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3.5 ounces or 100 grams of green pepper
- 3.5 ounces or 100 grams of red pepper
- 5 ounces or 140 grams of carrot
- 13 ounces or 360 grams of tomato
- 1 (20 ounces or 560 grams) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth (500 milliliters)
- 4.5 ounces or 125 grams of tortilla chips (optional)
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add chopped garlic and onion and cook until golden brown. Add the diced green pepper, red pepper, carrot and tomato and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, cumin, cayenne powder, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red beans (you can use cooked beans or cook them in plenty of boiling water for about 1 or 2 hours) and the water or vegetable broth. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: ¼ of the recipe (excluding tortilla chips)
- Calories: 495
- Sugar: 15.6 g
- Sodium: 827 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 83.1 g
- Fiber: 20.8 g
- Protein: 26.6 g
Keywords: red beans vegan chili, vegan bean chili, red bean chili