- 1 cup quinoa (170 g)
- 2 cups water (500 g)
- ½ cup chopped spring onion (50 g)
- 1⅓ cup chopped tomatoes (240 g)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint (26 g)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley (30 g)
- The juice of a lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa with cool water.
- Boil the water in a saucepan, add the quinoa and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. You can add other ingredients (dried herbs, sea salt, tamari or soy sauce, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar) to the boiling water to get a more intense flavor.
- Let the quinoa cool at room temperature, or add cold water. It has to be completely cool before making the salad.
- In a large bowl, place the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients. Add the lemon juice and the extra virgin olive oil (optional) and stir.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 58mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 74.5g
- Fiber: 14.3g
- Protein: 17.5g