For the quinoa flake porridge:
- 1 cup quinoa flakes (80 g)
- 2 cups plant milk of your choice (250 ml), we used unsweetened soy milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
For the berry compote (optional):
- 1 cup frozen berries (150 g)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cane or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
- Add all the compote ingredients (except the tapioca flour or cornstarch) to a saucepan and bring to a boil, then cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add the tapioca flour or cornstarch and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until it thickens, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Add the quinoa flakes and the milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until it thickens, stirring frequently. Add more milk if needed.
- Serve with the compote, banana slices and pumpkin seeds on top.
- We didn’t add any sweetener, but it’s up to you.
- The quinoa flake porridge is better fresh, but you can keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and the compote for up to a week.
- Water can be used instead of the milk.
- Feel free to serve the porridge with any fruits, nuts, seeds or ingredients you like.
- Eat the compote cold or hot (you choose) and use any fruit you have on hand.
- Tapioca flour or cornstarch can be replaced by any starch or thickener you want.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 463
- Sugar: 29.,3 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 75.6 g
- Fiber: 8.9 g
- Protein: 16.4 g