- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds pumpkin (1 kilo), skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water (500 ml)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (250 ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot. If you don’t want to use oil, just add some vegetable stock or water instead. Add the garlic and onion and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pumpkin and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then cook over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Blend the mixture in a blender (you can also use an immersion blender if you want) and serve immediately. I added some coconut milk, chopped fresh parsley, toasted pumpkin seeds and ground black pepper on top.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 383 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2 g