This vegan potato salad is so simple, creamy, satiating and refreshing. It's perfect to eat on the go, as a side or as the main dish. You're gonna love it!
Potato salads are my favorite salads to eat on the go and they're so satiating. There are so many dressings you can make, but I want mine to be creamy, especially for potato salads. We made a super creamy salad dressing for this recipe using our vegan aioli, although we omit the garlic and it's so good.
This recipe is so versatile and always works, I promise. So don't be afraid to change it, potato salads are always delicious and you can add any ingredients you like (veggies, spices, herbs, dressings, etc.), it's gonna be awesome!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan Potato Salad
- 1 pound potatoes, we used red potatoes
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped vinegar pickles
- 1 handful of chives, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Wash and chop the potatoes. Steam them for about 20 minutes or until they're soft. You can peel them or boil them if you want.
- To make the dressing just mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- When the potatoes are cold, add them to a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients (except the paprika) and the sauce and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the paprika on top.
- You can serve the salad immediately, but I prefer to keep it in the fridge until it's cold.
- Store the potato salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Use any type of potatoes you want.
- Feel free to add your favorite veggies, spices, herbs or even any other dressing.
- Lemon juice can be used instead of the vinegar.