- 1 plantain, sliced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Add the plantain slices and the oil to a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place the plantain slices onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes for one side and 5-10 minutes for the other side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, add salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Enjoy them hot or at room temperature, and serve them with guacamole, pineapple salsa, or mango avocado salsa. Feel free to eat them plain or with your favorite dishes or ingredients!
- Best when fresh, keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
- You really need to use green (unripe) plantains to make this recipe, not regular bananas, as regular bananas have a different texture and are much sweeter than plantains.
- Feel free to add any spices or dried or fresh herbs you’d like.
- You can omit the black pepper if you don’t like it.
- You could also fry the plantain chips until golden brown, but I prefer to bake them as they’re healthier this way.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 149 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 0.6 g