- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes (425 g)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use it in recipes like vegan pizza, vegan pasta salad, one-pot pasta, and more!
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Crushed tomatoes can be replaced with some tomato puree.
- Omit the tomato paste if you can’t find it.
- Feel free to use any type of oil, sugar, and salt, as well as any spices or dried or fresh herbs.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 15.3 g
- Sodium: 978 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8 g
- Fiber: 7.3 g
- Protein: 5.7 g