A big thanks to Right from the Roots for sponsoring today’s post! ❤️
Summer = nice cream! Have you ever tried it? Just in case you didn't know it, it's and ice cream made with frozen bananas, is low in fat and much healthier and easier to make than regular ice cream. I used frozen pineapple as well to make this recipe and it also worked so well!
I hardly ever drink alcohol, but I love the piña colada cocktail ingredients, except the rum, so I omit it, but you can add it if you want, it's up to you! I know piña colada is not made with bananas, but I needed them to make a creamier ice cream.
To make this recipe more colorful I also made a raspberry chia jam, which is super healthy and also added some chopped almonds and more shredded coconut on top. Please feel free to add your favorite toppings.
I told you about Right From the Roots before. We used their maple cream to make this delicious raspberry and maple cream mousse and we love it as much as their maple syrup, both are high quality products and also taste amazing. If you want to know more about this brand, you should take a look at our raspberry and maple cream mousse post.
- If your blender/food processor can't blend the frozen fruits, add some plant milk (coconut milk and nut milks are awesome to make ice cream) or some non frozen fruit as well.
- You can also use some coconut milk instead of the shredded coconut.
- Feel free to use any other fruits to make the chia jam or even any other homemade or store-bought jam.
Piña Colada Ice Cream
Nice cream is the perfect healthy sweet treat and is super easy to make. If you like Piña Colada cocktail, you really need to give this a try!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 pound frozen bananas (450 g)
- 0.5 pound frozen pineapple (225 g)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (40 g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Raspberry chia jam:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (130 g)
- ¼ cup water (65 ml)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (80 g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Chop the bananas and pineapple into big chunks, put them in an airtight container and freeze overnight.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender until you have a super creamy ice cream. Be patient, keep blending!
- When it's ready, you can eat the ice cream immediately, but it will be super soft. You can also transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for at least 1 hour or until solid. If it's too hard, let stand at room temperature for at least 10 minutes or until it has the perfect consistency.
- Serve with some chopped almonds, shredded coconut and the raspberry chia jam on top.
Raspberry chia jam:
- Blend all the ingredients (except the chia seeds) in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add the chia seeds, stir and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until the jam thickens.
- Let it cool down and store the jam in a glass jar.
Keywords: piña colada ice cream, vegan ice cream
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!