This piña colada green smoothie tastes just like the adult drink, but is alcohol-free and a super healthy beverage, that only requires 5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes.
Hope you've had a great year so far! What are your New Year's resolutions? My diet is pretty clean, but I want to eat even healthier, cut out processed foods and eat more fresh fruits and veggies and smoothies are going to help me to achieve my goals.
I'm a huge smoothie lover, we've made a couple of challenges on the blog and also published an ebook called Simple Vegan Smoothies. If you want to eat more clean and get your 5-a-day, you should incorporate smoothies to our diet.
Fruits and veggies are the healthiest foods on the planet and they're even more nutritious if you eat them raw. Besides, a clean diet with lots of fruits and vegetables will help you lose weight and stop cravings for junk food and sugar.
Following a plant-based diet is a great way to be healthy because we remove so many unhealthy foods from our diet, but there are also really unhealthy vegan foods like chips or coke, so we have to focus on the unprocessed stuff like fruits, veggies, legumes, grains, nuts, seeds or seaweeds. So let's cook together this year and make lots of clean, vegan recipes to feel good on the inside to glow on the outside!
If you like this smoothie, take a look at our ebook Simple Vegan Smoothies. You'll find 31 inexpensive and simple recipes and a guide to learn how to make your own smoothie recipes.
LOOKING FOR MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES?
- Chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl
- Glowing skin smoothie
- Blueberry smoothie bowl
- Detox smoothie
- Immune booster smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Piña Colada Green Smoothie
- 2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup water
- 1 banana
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Although freshly made smoothies are best because they have all their nutrients, you can keep this piña colada green smoothie in a jar or a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- We used canned coconut milk. Any other plant milk will do, although it won't taste like piña colada.
- Frozen spinach or any other fresh or frozen leafy greens are great as well.
- If the smoothie is not sweet enough for you, feel free to add 1 or 2 Mejool dates.
Happy new everything dear Iosune & Alberto 🙂 I already make this green smoothie 🙂 slightly differently, but very similar 🙂 I like my green smoothies thicker, and prefer to have them in a bowl for breakfast, rather than drink from a glass, so for this one I use half a pineapple, 2 bananas, half an avocado, and a handful of spinach, plus I also toss in a few sunflower & pumpkin seeds too 🙂 all whizzed up with coconut milk to obtain the desired consistency 🙂 <3
Hi Mary! Thanks a lot for your comment 😉 Have a nice day!