- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped jalapeño (fresh or canned)
- A handful of fresh cilantro (0.4 oz or 10 g), chopped
- The juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Place all the chopped ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and the salt and stir.
- Serve with some tortilla chips, vegan tacos, a vegan burrito, arepas, and cauliflower steak. It goes well with plenty of different recipes!
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Feel free to use any kind of tomatoes and onions.
- If you can’t find jalapeños, use any other type of fresh or dried chili pepper.
- You can omit the jalapeño if you’re not into spicy food.
- You can replace cilantro with fresh parsley if you don’t like it.
- Lemon juice will also work great for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe (without the tortilla chips)
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 255.1 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1.1 g