- Add the coconut flakes to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring frequently (optional).
- Toast the bread slices in a skillet, toaster or oven (optional).
- Spread the peanut or almond butter onto the bread slices while they’re still hot (this way it will be easier and they will taste better).
- Add the banana slices and top with some toasted coconut flakes.
- Best with fresh, you can also eat them on the go.
- We used store-bought bread, but if you prefer to make it at home, we have two simple recipes for you: our easy rye and spelt bread (it contains gluten) and our gluten-free bread. Rice cakes and crackers are also a good choice.
- Feel free to use any nut or seed butter. Coconut butter is also delicious.
- Add your favorite fruits and toppings.
- If you don’t like coconut, omit this ingredient or use some chopped nuts, seeds, cacao nibs or anything you have on hand.
- Nutritional info is for 1 toast made with 1 whole wheat bread slice, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana and 1 tsp coconut flakes.
- Serving Size: 1 toast (see notes)
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 10.4 g
- Sodium: 207 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.4 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 8.3 g