To make these peanut butter, banana, coconut toast you just need 4 ingredients and 10 minutes. They’re a delicious and simple breakfast, snack or dessert.
This is one of those recipes that are so simple, but tastes so good, that I need to share it with the rest of the world. I can’t believe how flavorful it is and it’s made with just 4 ingredients!
We LOVE peanut butter, as you’ll probably already know because we use it pretty much for everything. Almond butter is also a great choice, but it’s more expensive and peanut butter is easier to find. There are so many nut and seed butters and all of them are amazing, so feel free to make your own or buy your favorite one. Tahini is also a good alternative.
There is a coffee shop in Ubud (Bali, Indonesia) called Tukies and they use coconut to make all their products. You’ll find the most delicious vegan cakes and ice-cream there, they’re out of this world, and as I could read on Happy Cow (the web/app we use to find vegan places to eat while travelling) many people agree with us. We bought the coconut flakes there and they were the best coconut flakes I’ve ever tried in my whole like.
I like to have one toast for breakfast with a glass or plant milk and some extra fruit, but they’re also perfect as a snack or even a dessert, if you want something quick and easy, that also tastes awesome.
looking for more toast recipes?
- Vegan French toast
- Vegan avocado toast
- Tofu scramble toasts
- Spanish salmorejo and avocado toast
- Avocado hummus toasts with chickpeas
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Add the coconut flakes to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring frequently (optional).
- Toast the bread slices in a skillet, toaster or oven (optional).
- Spread the peanut or almond butter onto the bread slices while they’re still hot (this way it will be easier and they will taste better).
- Add the banana slices and top with some toasted coconut flakes.
- Best with fresh, you can also eat them on the go.
- We used store-bought bread, but if you prefer to make it at home, we have two simple recipes for you: our easy rye and spelt bread (it contains gluten) and our gluten-free bread. Rice cakes and crackers are also a good choice.
- Feel free to use any nut or seed butter. Coconut butter is also delicious.
- Add your favorite fruits and toppings.
- If you don’t like coconut, omit this ingredient or use some chopped nuts, seeds, cacao nibs or anything you have on hand.
- Nutritional info is for 1 toast made with 1 whole wheat bread slice, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana and 1 tsp coconut flakes.
- Serving Size: 1 toast (see notes)
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 10.4 g
- Sodium: 207 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.4 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 8.3 g