- 1 pound spaghetti (225 g or 16 oz), gluten-free if needed
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (4 tbsp)
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- In the meanwhile, add the garlic and oil to a skillet and cook over medium heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Drain the pasta and place it back to the pot, add the oil mixture and the parsley. Toss until the pasta is evenly coated. Add more oil or some cooking water if the pasta is too dry for you.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using regular spaghetti. I used gluten-free spaghetti, though.
- The sodium amount is not accurate, as the salt in the cooking water is not included because the pasta doesn’t absorb all the salt and there’s no way to know how much sodium this dish contains.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 4 mg (see notes)
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.1 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 7.6 g