- Cut the bananas into 3 or 4 pieces (or cut them into coins if your food processor or blender is not very powerful), put them in an airtight container and freeze overnight.
- Add the bananas to your food processor or blender and blend until you have a super creamy banana ice cream. Be patient, keep blending!
- If your food processor or blender can’t blend the frozen bananas, add a splash of any plant milk (coconut milk, cashew milk, and almond milk are awesome to make vegan ice cream).
- When it’s ready, you can eat the ice cream immediately, but it will be pretty soft. I prefer to transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for at least 1 hour or until solid. If it’s too hard, let stand at room temperature for at least 10 minutes or until it has the perfect consistency.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Feel free to add other ingredients to your banana ice cream, like vanilla extract, peanut butter, cocoa powder, carob powder, other frozen fruits (berries are amazing), peppermint extract, chocolate chips, coconut butter, ore pretty much anything you would normally use to make ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 16.6 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.1 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 1.5 g