This is our last week here in Cologne! We’re happy because we want to come back to Spain, but we’re also sad because Germany is a great country, we’re going to miss a lot of things! If it had a warm weather, it would be the perfect place to live. ?
There are so many amazing and colorful veggies here that we’ve never seen in Spain. Alberto has been working in a company, which is really far from our apartment, so we haven’t had much time to cook many new recipes for the blog, it’s a pity!
But we couldn’t live without trying these tricolor carrots (Alberto loves carrots soooo much) and rhubarb (recipe coming soon!). As our most popular recipe our oil free rainbow roasted vegetables, we decided to make these oil free roasted carrots, which is pretty similar and tastes sooo good. Hope you like it!
You can see the carrots before and after baking in the pictures below. We add the lemon juice after baking to keep the nutrients.
- We used tricolor carrots, but you can use all orange.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices.
- Maybe you want to add more or less lemon juice than us, so add it gently. Besides, depending on the type of vinegar you use, you’ll probably need to add more or less.
- You don’t have to use balsamic vinegar, any other type will work as well. Soy sauce or tamari is also okay.
- We don’t add salt, but free free to add it if you want.
- 2 pounds carrots (1 kg)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Black pepper to taste
- The juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Wash and chop the carrots.
- Place the carrots onto a baking tray and add all the ingredients except the lemon juice.
- Stir and bake for about 40 minutes or until they’re cooked. The time may vary depending on your oven.
- Add the lemon juice just before serving.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!