Easy, creamy, oil-free chimichurri sauce! It only requires 5 minutes, 9 ingredients and is made with avocado instead of oil.
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce used for grilled meat and originates from Argentina and Uruguay (according to Wikipedia). We used avocado instead of oil to make a super creamy, oil-free version of this amazing recipe.
Although chimichurri is traditionally eaten with meat, it may also be served on the side as a condiment or to make all kinds or recipes. We love chimichurri with baked or steamed potatoes, cooked riced, pasta or quinoa or spreaded onto a slice of bread, so yummy!
It’s ready in less than 5 minutes, only requires 9 ingredients and a food processor or blender, although I also explain in the recipe box how to make chimichurri with a knife, a fork and a bowl, just in case you don’t have any equipment on hand.
I think this recipe is just perfect (at least for me), but try it before serving and add more cayenne powder, salt, vinegar or any other ingredient if needed, and don’t be afraid to change any recipe as we do, if you don’t consume oil, don’t add oil, if you don’t like any ingredient, omit it, just enjoy the process and the delicious food you’re making. Cooking is so fun!
LOOKING FOR MORE SAUCE RECIPES?
- Vegan mayonnaise
- 2-Minute healthy ketchup
- Fat-free vegan cheese sauce
- Homemade enchilada sauce
- Oil-free vegan yogurt sauce
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8–1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup water (190 ml)
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or keep in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Feel free to add any type of vinegar or even lemon juice.
- You can also finely chop the clove of garlic with a knife, mash the avocado with a fork and mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Try chimichurri before serving and add more cayenne powder, salt, vinegar or any other ingredient if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g