These no bake granola bars are made with just 8 ingredients. They’re a delicious and healthy snack and also so convenient to eat on the go.
I always bring some food with me because I don’t want to buy something non-vegan or unhealthy if I’m hungry. Fruit (fresh and dehydrated), nuts, seeds and rice cakes are my favorite snacks to eat on the go. Granola bars are also a great choice and as I was craving them last week, I made these beauties for you guys.
When I make granola, I (almost) always use at least these 7 ingredients: oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, cinnamon powder, some liquid sweetener and some healthy fat. These bars require 8 ingredients because I used two types of dried fruits (dates and mango), but omit the mango if you want to make this recipe even simpler. You can also omit the cinnamon powder and the seeds, but the bars are tastier with these two ingredients.
Another reason why I love this recipe is that you don’t need to use the oven, you don’t even need to cook, just mix all the ingredients, press down the dough and let it stand in the freezer until it’s firm. The bars are so delicious and so convenient to eat on the go.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (60 g)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (80 g)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (200 g)
- 1 cup unsalted raw almonds (150 g)
- 1 cup oats, gf if needed (100 g)
- 1/2 cup dehydrated mango, chopped (50 g)
- 3 tbsp unsalted raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- Mix the peanut butter and the agave syrup in a bowl until well combined. You can also heat them in a saucepan to make the step number 3 easier, but it’s not necessary (we didn’t do it).
- Place dates in a food processor or a blender and blend until a stick dough forms.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the dates and the peanut butter and agave syrup mixture. Mix with a spoon or with your hands until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish or a small pan lined with some parchment paper and press down firmly until uniformly flattened. You can use your hands or something flat (we used a drinking glass).
- Cover with the parchment paper and let it stand in the freezer for 20 minutes or until it’s firm.
- Remove from the freezer and chop into 8 bars.
- Store them in a sealed container in the fridge for about one week.
- Feel free to use almond butter or any other nut butter instead of the peanut butter and maple syrup or any liquid sweetener instead of the agave syrup.
- You don’t have to use Medjool dates. Deglet Nour dates are also okay, although you should soak them in warm water until soft.
- Use your favorite nuts and seeds (raw or roasted). You can omit the mango, but you need to use dates to make this recipe.
- Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 26.5 g
- Sodium: 2.9 mg
- Fat: 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.2 g
- Fiber: 7.2 g
- Protein: 10.2 g