- 1/2 cup uncooked millet (100 g)
- 2 cups diced butternut squash (230 g)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (30 g)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (40 g)
- 1 handful of chopped oak leaf lettuce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Place the squash onto a baking sheet, add 1 tbsp of oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the squash is tender. This time may vary depending on your oven, the size of the squash cubes or even the squash you’re using.
- Cook the millet. Take a look at our how to cook millet post.
- You can eat the millet and the squash warm or at room temperature, you choose.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (millet, roasted squash, onion, almonds, lettuce, 1 tbsp oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste). Serve immediately or store in the fridge in a sealed container when it’s cold.