- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red chili pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 10-ounce can Piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers (290 g)
- 2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (800 g)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup coconut milk (125 ml)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Serve with lime, tortilla chips and chopped veggies (I added red chili pepper, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and red onion)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the red chili pepper, garlic and onion (chopped) and cook for two minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 10 or 15 minutes. Add some water or more coconut milk if you want.
- Blend the soup in a blender and serve with lime, tortilla chips and chopped veggies.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of the recipe
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 3g