- 1 cup milk of your choice (250 ml), I used unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup boiling water (65 ml)
- 1 tsp matcha tea powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until hot (about 3-5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Combine the boiling water, matcha tea powder, maple syrup and ground cinnamon in a small bowl until well mixed. I used a bamboo whisk, but feel free to use a fork, a spoon or any other whisk you have on hand (you could also blend all the ingredients in a regular blender or add all the ingredients to a jar and shake until well combined).
- Pour the milk into a mug, add the matcha tea mixture and stir until well combined. Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using unsweetened soy milk.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 11.9 g