This 9-ingredient mango avocado salsa is the perfect appetizer or snack, but also a great salad dressing or sauce to enjoy with any dish.
We enjoy simple food and it’s what we usually eat on a daily basis: healthy carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta or bread (unrefined), plant-based proteins like legumes, tofu, tempeh or other soy products, veggies, fruits and healthy fats.
As we don’t consume oil very often, we love sauces and dressings to make our dishes taste amazing. They can transform any food from tasting bland to amazing. As long as they’re healthy, they’re a good thing to have in your kitchen. Homemade sauces or dressings are great, but there are also so many store-bought alternatives that are really good.
I couldn’t tell you if I prefer this recipe as an appetizer or snack or as a sauce to add to my meals, because I could eat it with almost everything.
As an appetizer or snack, I usually enjoy it with some rice cakes (brown rice cakes are healthier) because they’re oil-free and lighter than tortilla chips, and although I love bread, rice cakes are gluten-free and I try to avoid gluten as much as I can because I don’t feel well when I eat it very often. This mango avocado salsa is also delicious with some rice, beans and veggies or with any Mexican-style dish, like burritos or tacos.
We’ve already shared a simple restaurant-style Mexican salsa with you guys, but adding mango and avocado improves the recipe and it tastes even better. If you don’t like mango or don’t want your salsa to be sweet, just omit it, although you should give it a try because it’s out of this world, you’re going to love it!
looking for more appetizer & snack recipes?
- Simple restaurant-style salsa
- Pico de gallo
- Vegan stuffed avocados
- Baked avocado fries
- Guasacaca and baked plantain chips
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- The juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, crudités, bread or any food you like. It’s also delicious as a salad dressing or a sauce to enjoy with any dish.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Feel free to use or add any veggies, fruits or ingredients you have on hand.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the jalapeño or add less. We prefer fresh jalapeños, but the canned ones are also okay (just check the ingredients to avoid nasty additives and preservatives). You can also add some cayenne powder instead.
- Lime juice can be replaced by lemon juice or use parsley or any other fresh or dried herb instead of the cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 13.2 g
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 2 g