- 8 oz spaghetti (225 g) or any other kind of vegan pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2–4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- The juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
- The zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup vegan Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (4 tbsp), optional
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, add the oil to a large skillet, and when it’s hot, add the garlic and cook over medium until golden brown.
- Incorporate the red pepper flakes, stir, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the spaghetti, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and stir. Cook for 1 or 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Finally, remove from the heat, add the vegan Parmesan cheese or the nutritional yeast, the parsley, and stir.
- Serve your lemon pasta immediately with recipes like baked tofu, fried tofu, seitan, or tempeh bacon. You can also serve it with vegan meat recipes, such as vegan steak, vegan chicken, vegan sausage, vegan turkey, or vegan burger.
- Keep the lemon pasta recipe leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
- I used whole wheat spaghetti, but any type of spaghetti or even any other type of vegan pasta will do.
- I usually use extra virgin olive oil to make most of my vegan pasta recipes, as well as other dishes, but feel free to use a different type of oil.
- Customize your lemon pasta recipe with more or less garlic if you want to.
- This lemon pasta will also work without parsley or with different kinds of fresh herbs, such as basil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 301 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 11.3 g