- 10 oz firm tofu (275 g)
- 1 tsp cane or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp gochujang (I told you how to replace it above)
- ½ cup water (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Slice the tofu and bake it for about 15 minutes and for another 5 minutes on the other side. Cook longer if needed until golden brown. Feel free to fry or sauté the tofu in a frying pan with some oil.
- Mix the sugar, tamari, gochujang and water in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic and onion until golden brown.
- Add the tofu and the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with some chives and sesame seeds (optional).
Recipe adapted from Maangchi.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 819.2 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 24.9 g