for the salad dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
for the kale salad
- 8 ounces kale (225 g), chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas (330 g), canned or cooked
- 1/2 cup unsalted, raw almonds (75 g), stems removed, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Add the kale and half of the salad dressing to a large mixing bowl and massage until the kale becomes tender (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Add all the remaining ingredients and the other half of the salad dressing, mix until well combined and serve immediately. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fat: 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 6.2 g