- 5.6 ounces or 160 grams raw chickpeas or 14.1 ounces or 400 grams cooked chickpeas
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini or sesame seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup of cooking broth or water at room temperature (125 milliliters)
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optional)
- You can use canned chickpeas or you can cook them in boiling water for one or two hours or until they’re soft. You should soak the chickpeas overnight, and the longer you let it soak before cooking, the quicker they will cook.
- Place all the ingredients (except oil and paprika) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add paprika and olive oil and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 14.6 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.1 g
- Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 8.5 g