- 1 or 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 turnips
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 leeks
- 1 potato
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups water (2 liters)
- 1 or 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and when it’s hot, add the veggies (chopped). Cook until golden brown.
- Add the bay leaves and the water and cook over high heat until the water starts to boil, then cook the broth over medium heat for 1 or 2 hours.
- Pour the broth through a strainer into a large heat-proof bowl or pot and discard solids. Add the soy sauce or tamari.