- 2 pounds chopped fresh fruit (1 kg), I used mango
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Blend all the ingredients in a powerful blender until smooth and chill this mixture in a sealed container in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- You need an ice cream maker to make this recipe (see notes if you don’t have one). Place the ice cream churning bowl in the freezer the night before (preferably 24 hours before). The next day just add the mixture to the ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions (my sorbet was ready in 30 minutes). Once the sorbet is ready, feel free to enjoy it immediately (I served it with chopped almonds on top) or freeze for about 2 hours or until firm for a better texture.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks. Set out for 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.
- Feel free to use any natural sweetener instead of the dates. If the fruit is really sweet, you can even omit it.
- If you’re not using an ice cream maker, place the container with the chilled mixture in the freezer. Check the mixture every 30 minutes. When it starts to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir it vigorously with a spatula or a whisk. Return to freezer. Repeat this step for at least 2 or 3 hours.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe
- Calories: 81
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 0.9 g