- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- Add the granulated sugar and cornstarch to a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture has the powdery consistency of powdered or confectioners’ sugar. Stir with a spatula to make sure it is all getting blended.
- Use it for decoration in baking recipes or to make icings or frostings.
- Keep your homemade powdered sugar in an airtight container in a dark, dry, and cool place and it will keep in good condition indefinitely.
- Remember to use sugar that is labeled vegan and hasn’t been filtered through bone char.
- Although cornstarch is optional, it will keep the sugar dry, so I really suggest you use it.
- You could also make this recipe with other types of sugar.
- If you’d like to make recipes like applesauce, chia pudding, banana milk, or vegan donuts, I suggest you use regular sugar, as the cornstarch might change their consistency.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of the recipe
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5 g