- 1/2 cup peanut butter (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (65 ml)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp cayenne flakes
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 clove of garlic
- The juice of 1 lime
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
- This sauce goes well with many Asian dishes like tempeh satay, Vietnamese spring rolls, salads, noodles, or as a dip.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the cayenne flakes.
- Medjool dates can be replaced by any natural sweetener you have on hand. Maple or agave syrup work great.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.3 g