- 2 cups fresh raspberries (250 g) or any other fresh or frozen fruit
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- Add raspberries and water to a saucepan and cook over medium-hight heat for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the raspberries to your desired consistency.
- Add lemon juice, chia seeds and syrup. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then taste and add more syrup if needed.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes (it will thicken considerably as it cools).
- Stir the jam one more time and serve immediately, or keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
- Feel free to use any sweetener you have on hand.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 27
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 0.5 g