I’m addicted to almond butter! It’s my favorite healthy fat, but is so expensive here in Spain and also is hard to find a healthy almond butter, they’re usually made with refined sweeteners or oils, so I decided to make it at home and oh my god! I should make it before!
Homemade almond butter is much more affordable and you only need one ingredient: almonds, that’s all! You can use raw or roasted almonds to make this delicious nut butter. I prefer to roast almonds at h0me, but feel free to buy unsalted roasted almonds if you want.
I’m going to show you how to make raw and roasted almond butter in this recipe/video, but you can also mix both, just place some raw and roasted almonds in the food processor and blend until you get a creamy paste.Print
- 4 cups raw almonds (600 g)*
- Preheat the oven to 355ºF or 180ºC.
- Place half of the almonds in a baking dish and roast them for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Roasted almonds have a more intense flavor and are easier to blend. You can also use store-bought roasted almonds if you want.
- When the almonds are roasted, let them cool down.
- First, we’re going to make the raw almond butter. Place the raw almonds in a food processor and blend for about 20 to 25 minutes or until you get a creamy consistency. Raw almonds are more nutritious, but raw almond butter takes a little longer.
- When the butter is ready, store it in a glass sealed container at room temperature.
- Now we’re going to make the roasted almond butter. Place the roasted almonds in the food processor and blend for 5 to 10 minutes until you get a creamy paste. Store this one in a glass sealed container as well.
- And your homemade almond butter is ready to eat! Almond butter lasts months. Keep it at room temperature and use it to make sweet or savory recipes, smoothies or as a healthy snack with Medjool dates.
* We made 2 10-ounce or 300g jars, but you can make more or less almond butter.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp (15g)
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 3g