We always had store-bought sun dried tomatoes in our kitchen, so we thought it could be a great idea to dehydrate fresh tomatoes in our new dehydrator and they are pretty good! It’s a great way to enjoy tomatoes all year round and they’re really tasty, love them!
To dehydrate tomatoes in a dehydrator is extremely easy, you just have to cut them in half, place them into the dehydrator trays and wait until they’re done, easy peasy!
We rehydrated the dried tomatoes in a bowl with warm or hot water for at least 20 minutes or until they’re soft, but you can soak them overnight as well. I keep them in an airtight container for a few days. We also show you how to rehydrate dried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs in our FREE eCookbook!
PRODUCT WE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 1 pound Cherry tomatoes (450 g)
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. You can also cut them into thin slices using a knife if you want or use another type of tomatoes (the dehydration time may vary).
- Remove the seeds. Use them to make a soup, a salad or whatever.
- Place the tomatoes into the dehydrator trays and dehydrate to 45ºC or 113ºF for about 10 to 12 hours. If you dehydrate the tomatoes to 65 ºC or 149ºF you can decrease the dehydration time, although they will lose some of their nutrients.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
- Serving Size: the whole recipe
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!