- 1/2 cup cooked rice (100 g), I used brown rice, see notes
- 2 cups water (500 ml)
- 2 Medjool or 4 Deglet Nour dates (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions. Drain and let it cool down. You can also use leftover rice.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender (cooked rice, water, and dates) and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, napkin, or a strainer. This step is optional.
- Use immediately and serve for breakfast or as a snack with vegan chocolate cookies or vegan brownies. Feel free to customize it with cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, or your favorite ingredients.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- If you want to cook your rice from scratch, use 1/3 cup of 55 g of uncooked brown rice and cook it according to package directions.
- To make this recipe you can use any kind of rice, but my favorite ones are brown rice and short-grain white rice.
- Sweetener is optional, although you can use sugar or syrup, whatever you prefer. Just add it slowly to taste.
- There’re some rice milk recipes that contain a little bit of salt to enhance the flavor or even some oil, but I like it better without them.
- Cooking time is not included in prep time.
- Nutritional info has been calculated before straining the milk.
- Serving Size: ½ cup (250 ml) without the dates
- Calories: 15
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g