Who doesn’t like Oreos? They are so addictive! In addition, they are vegan! Oreos are not very healthy and you can’t eat them if you are a celiac, but these homemade Oreos are gluten and dairy-free. You should also try them without the filling, they’re so amazing!
As you can see, these cookies aren’t as dark as traditional Oreos, this is because we haven’t added as much c0coa powder as other recipes. If you add more cocoa, you’ll probably need to add more sugar.
We’ve used coconut cream with vanilla extract to make the filling. We are in love with coconut cream, because we use it instead of whipped cream in many recipes, such us this gorgeous crepe cake. You should be patient with this cookie dough because it’s made with rice flour, so it’s more difficult to handle, but it’s totally worth it!
- 3/4 cup rice flour (200 grams)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (20 grams)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (50 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (50 grams)
- 3 tablespoons soy milk
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3,5 oz coconut cream (100 grams)
- Combine dry ingredients (rice flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, salt and baking soda) and stir.
- In a different bowl, combine all liquid ingredients (1 teaspoon vanilla extract, olive oil, milk and agave) and stir very well.
- Mix wet into dry to form the dough. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 340º F or 170º C.
- Knead the dough with a rolling pin and cut flat circles using a circle cutter or a glass.
- Bake on a cookie tray with baking paper for about 12 minutes. Wait at least 10 minutes before removing from the tray.
- To make the filling, take the upper layer of the coconut cream out of the can (refrigerated overnight), place it in a cold bowl, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and whip it.
- Spread 1 teaspoon cream filling between two cooled cookies. Repeat with the rest.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 0.7 g