- 1/4 cup maple or agave syrup (4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add the syrup and cocoa powder to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for at least 1 or 2 weeks. Use it as any other chocolate syrup to make or top all kinds of recipes like waffles, pancakes, crepes, cakes, donuts or even ice cream.
- Add more or less cocoa powder depending on how sweet you want your chocolate syrup.
- Feel free to use any syrup you have on hand or another sweetener with a similar consistency.
- I’ve never made this recipe using raw cacao or carob powder, but I think it should work (add more or less if needed).
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 38
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.4 g