- 4 apples
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup water (250 milliliters)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- The juice of a lemon (optional)
- Place in a saucepan the apples (peeled and finely chopped), sugar, water, cinnamon stick, and lemon juice. Cook over high heat until the mixture starts to boil, then cook the applesauce over medium heat for 40 minutes or until getting the perfect consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- You can blend the applesauce or use a masher or a fork, but this step is optional.
- When the applesauce is cold, keep it in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Lemon juice is not included in nutritional information.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 82.5g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 100.3g
- Fiber: 12.6g
- Protein: 1.3g