Hemp milk, vegan, creamy, and fresh. It is really good and one of the easiest recipes, as it only requires 2 ingredients and 5 minutes!
Hemp milk is a great alternative to cow's milk. Creamy, simple, and nutritious, it is high in minerals and healthy fats, as well as low in calories. It is my first time trying it and I can't get over the fact that it is absolutely delicious!
To make it you only need 2 ingredients and you can customize it with some vanilla extract and your favorite sweetener; however, these ingredients are totally optional. I used it to make an avocado smoothie and it turned out amazingly good!
How to make hemp milk
- Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- Try the milk and add more vanilla extract or sweetener if needed.
- Strain the milk using a nut milk bag.
- Serve your hemp milk immediately.
Hemp milk ingredients and tips
- Hulled hemp seeds: it’s important to use hulled hemp seeds.
- Vanilla extract: it’s optional, but it will make your milk taste better. I always use homemade vanilla extract as it’s more affordable and extremely easy to make, but the store-bought version is also a good choice.
- Maple syrup or dates: although you don’t need to use any sweetener, feel free to use your favorite one.
- You can have this milk whenever you feel like it, but I would serve it as a snack with some vegan donuts, vegan French toast, or your favorite recipes!
- If you want to strain the milk, I really suggest you use a nut milk bag, as it is the most convenient and cleanest tool to do so. However, you could also use a napkin or a thin piece of cloth.
Looking for more vegan milk recipes?
Did you make this hemp milk recipe?
This post contains affiliate links so you can easily find some of the products that we used to make this recipe. If you buy any of them through the links provided (without any extra cost for you), we'll get a commission. We're so grateful for your support!
- ½ cup hulled hemp seeds
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional, or 2 Deglet Nour dates or 1 Medjool date (pitted)
- Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if the milk is too thick for you.
- Try the hemp milk and add more vanilla extract or sweetener if needed.
- You can strain the milk using a nut milk bag, a napkin, or any thin piece of cloth, but I don't think it’s necessary.
- Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Add more or less water depending on how thick you want your hemp milk to be.
- Feel free to use any kind of sweetener. Add more or less of it depending on how sweet you like your milk.
- Customize it with any ingredients you want, like a pinch of salt, some cocoa powder, cinnamon, or turmeric powder, among others.
- Enjoy hot or cold and shake well before serving for best results.
- Nutritional info has been calculated with ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.