I use to make oil-free dressings and my favorite ones are guacamole and this tahini dressing. They're super healthy and I could eat them every single day, I love them!!!
You can also eat this guacamole rice salad as a dip with tortilla chips or some crudités (I'm in love with carrots). It's also a great sandwich filling.
I've never tried purple corn tortilla chips before, but I saw them in a store and they caught my eye. They taste really amazing and have a beautiful color. They're hard to find here in Spain, so I'm really happy I could try them!
Rice salads are perfect to eat on the go, although I recommend you to add the leafy greens just before serving.
- If you don't like spicy food, remove the jalapeños. I used canned jalapeños, but if you can get the fresh ones, go for them!
- Add your favorite ingredients (veggies, other types of rice, etc.).
Guacamole Rice Salad
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red bell peppers
- ¼ cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 handful of leafy greens
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeños
- The juice of two limes
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt, optional
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado from the peel and put in a mixing bowl. Roughly mash the avocado using a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network)!
matt taylor says
Holy guacamole! This is a nice recipe! I surely will try this myself
Hi Matt! Thanks, hope you like it 😉
This looks amazing 😀 Maybe I'll make it tomorrow!
Hi Jen! Thanks 🙂 Hope you like it!