- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (85 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame beans (90 g)
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped (discard the stem)
- 1 cup raw spinach (30 g), we used baby spinach
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Oil-free chimichurri sauce to taste
- Cook the quinoa and edamame beans according to package directions. Read this post if you want to learn how to cook quinoa properly.
- Steam or boil the broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble bowl by dividing quinoa, edamame beans, broccoli, spinach and cucumber between two serving bowls. Top with the pumpkin seeds and some chimichurri sauce to taste and serve immediately.
- Best when fresh, but you can store leftovers (separately) in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- If you can’t find edamame, use any other legume instead (dried, frozen or canned).
- Feel free to use other grains, veggies, seeds or sauces, this recipe always works!
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe without the chimichurri sauce
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 387 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9 g
- Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 15.3 g