- 2 cups fresh chopped cilantro (25 g)
- 1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves (12 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger root (about 2.5 cm)
- 1/4 cup water (65 ml)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne flakes (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with your favorite Indian dish or as a snack with some naan bread, papadum, crudités, etc. I served it with some pakoras.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- I didn’t peel the ginger root, but it’s up to you.
- Tahini can be replaced by oil, but I would add only 2 tbsp of water.
- Classic recipe is made with green chilli, but as I couldn’t find it, I used cayenne flakes. If you don’t like spicy food, omit the cayenne flakes or add less.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 13
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 77 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.4 g