- 2 cups plant milk of your choice (500 ml), I used unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- A dash of ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan, stir until well combined and cook over medium heat until hot (about 3-5 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately or keep the leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave until warm enough.
- You can make this recipe with almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or even coconut milk instead of soy milk.
- Although sweetener is optional and you don’t have to incorporate it to your golden milk, it will taste better if you do.
- Feel free to use any kind of sweetener.
- Ground black pepper enhances turmeric’s properties and absorption, but you can omit it if you don’t like how it tastes.
- Incorporate, change, or replace all the spices you want.
- I’d recommend you make your own vanilla extract at home, as it’s healthier and more affordable.
- I used ground cinnamon, although you could also use a cinnamon stick instead. Just remember to remove it before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 14.3 g
- Sodium: 19 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 10.1 g