Gluten-free banana bread, moist and absolutely delicious. It is vegan, perfectly sweet, and ready with only 10 ingredients. It makes the perfect snack!
This gluten-free banana bread really is out of this world! You’d never tell it’s made with gluten-free flour because it is absolutely delicious and tasty and it also has a wonderfully fluffy texture.
I love to have this vegan gluten-free banana bread for breakfast or as a snack and it actually only requires 10 common ingredients. I’m sure you already have them in your pantry! However, if you’re looking for the regular version of this recipe, I suggest you try our delicious vegan banana bread. Enjoy!
Gluten-free banana bread – Short video
How to make gluten-free banana bread – Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Mix the plant milk and vinegar in a jar or bowl until well combined (photo 1). Let the mixture rest at room temperature for at least 5 minutes. After this time, the milk will thicken and curdle (photo 2).
- In a large bowl, add the vegan butter, sugar, and vanilla extract (photo 3) and mix until creamy (photo 4).
- Add the mashed bananas and the plant milk and vinegar mixture (photo 5), and mix again (photo 6).
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (photo 7).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture (photo 8) and stir until well combined (photo 9).
- Line a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with some oil (photo 10).
- Add the batter to the pan (photo 11) and bake for 50 to 60 minutes (photo 12).
- Let your gluten-free banana bread cool for 15 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack and then let it cool completely.
Gluten-free banana bread ingredients and tips
- Unsweetened plant milk: any type of unsweetened plant milk will work, such as cashew milk, almond milk, rice milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or even hemp milk, but soy milk is my favorite one for baking.
- Apple cider vinegar: you could also use white vinegar or lemon juice instead.
- Vegan butter: store-bought vegan butter works really well for this gluten-free banana bread recipe, but you could also make your own version at home or use coconut oil or any other neutral oil you want.
- Granulated sugar: feel free to use different types of sugar, like brown sugar, coconut sugar, or cane sugar. Make sure the sugar you’re using is vegan.
- Vanilla extract: I always use homemade vanilla extract as it’s more affordable and extremely easy to make, but the store-bought version is also a good choice.
- Ripe bananas: it’s important to use ripe bananas so your gluten-free banana bread gets the proper texture and also because they are sweeter.
- Gluten-free flour blend: feel free to use our homemade gluten-free flour blend or to get it from the grocery store. You can use any kind of gluten-free flour in a 1:1 ratio.
- Baking powder.
- Ground cinnamon.
- Salt: I used iodized salt, but any kind of salt will work.
- You can serve your vegan gluten-free banana bread with your favorite vegan drinks, such as banana milk or fruit infused water.
- Feel free to customize your gluten-free banana bread recipe with ingredients like chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, vegan chocolate chips, raisins… Go ahead and get creative!
Looking for more gluten-free recipes?
Did you make this gluten-free banana bread recipe?Print
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk (240 ml), I used soy milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegan butter (75 g), softened, you can also use coconut oil
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar (150 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas (1 and ⅓ cups or 300 g mashed)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (300 g), you can use it homemade or store-bought
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Mix the plant milk and vinegar in a jar or bowl until well combined. Let the mixture rest at room temperature for at least 5 minutes. After this time, the milk will thicken and curdle.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan butter, sugar, and vanilla extract and mix until creamy. You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or just a wooden spoon.
- Add the mashed bananas, and the plant milk and vinegar mixture, and mix again.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Line a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with some oil (I always use coconut oil).
- Add the batter to the pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes (my banana bread was ready in 60 minutes). Stick a toothpick into the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean, the loaf is done. Cover the top with foil if the banana bread gets browned but the middle isn’t done yet.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack and then let it cool completely. If you don’t have a cooling rack, just use a dish or what you have on hand. You can also enjoy it warm if you want, though.
- Serve your vegan gluten-free banana bread with your favorite vegan drinks, such as banana milk or fruit infused water.
- Keep your gluten-free banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Using very ripe bananas is the key to get this delicious and sweet gluten-free banana bread.
- Vegan butter can be replaced with coconut oil or any other neutral oil.
- You can use any kind of gluten-free flour in a 1:1 ratio.
- Feel free to use any type of sugar you want for your vegan gluten-free banana bread.
- You can customize this gluten-free banana bread recipe with your favorite ingredients: chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, vegan chocolate chips, raisins… Go ahead and get creative!
- If you’re not gluten-free, try our vegan banana bread recipe!
- Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 20.4 g
- Sodium: 129 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.1 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.6 g