This glowing skin smoothie is full of vitamins and minerals. It’s also light, healthy, colorful and tastes like heaven. All the ingredients I’ve used are perfect for the skin, but it’s not a miracle potion, if you don’t eat properly, don’t exercise and don’t live a healthy lifestyle, you’ll never have a glowing skin.
Many skin problems are related to food allergies, the food we eat or the toxic lifestyle we live. Smoothies are the perfect way to detoxify the body and it’s a healthy habit in our daily lives. I love to have a big smoothie for breakfast, it’s ready in less than 5 minutes, is nourishing, satisfying and so delicious. Avoid coffee, milk, eggs, refined bread and other unhealthy foods and start your day with a super smoothie, you’ll feel better.
I haven’t added any leafy greens to make this smoothie because I wanted to get an intense pink color, but I usually add spinach or chard because they’re my favorite leafy green vegetables, but you can use lettuce or any other you like.
I have a 4 cups or 1 liter smoothie almost every morning. I try to avoid plastic for the environment and for my health, so I use a big glass jar and the glass straws you can see in the pictures. I bought these straws on a Spanish web, but I also use Glass Dharma straws (you can see them in this 5 Minute Anti-cellulite Green Smoothie), they are simpler and less fragile.
Why is this smoothie good for your skin?
- Drinking water is really important to have a beautiful skin. If your skin is not getting the sufficient amount of water, the lack of hydration will present itself by turning your skin dry, tight and flaky. Dry skin has less resilience and is more prone to wrinkling. So drink at least 2 liters (about 68 fl oz) if you want a radiant, healthy, younger skin.
- Flax seeds are the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acid, is a potent anti-inflammatory, minimizing irritation, redness and inflammation of the skin. It can also relieve skin rashes and some chronic conditions such as rosacea, acne, dermatitis and psoriasis. The essential fatty acids found in flax seeds help keep your skin hydrated and smooth in appearance.
- Banana fruit has nutrients that are essential for the skin. They contain significant amounts of vitamin C and B6, which plays a vital role in maintaining the integrity and elasticity of the skin.
In addition, the large amount of antioxidants and manganese present in banana protect the body from damage caused by oxygen free radicals which lead to premature aging of the skin.
- Raspberries come with a very high content of antioxidants. It is a well-known fact that antioxidants make your skin age slowly. Red raspberries contain anthocyanins, the nutrients which are extremely essential for maintaining a youthful skin and a beautiful complexion too. Raspberry seeds contain high amount of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. These are found to be great for treating skin-related conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Dates are moderate sources of vitamin-A, which is known to have antioxidant properties and essential for vision. Additionally, it is also required to maintain healthy mucous membranes and skin.
If raspberries are very expensive in your area, you can use frozen raspberries or any other kind of berries you can find. If berries are expensive too, you can use any fruit you like because fruits are full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and they’re good for your skin. You don’t have to use dates to make this recipe, you can remove them or use any other natural sweetener instead.
You need to try this glowing skin smoothie, it’s easy to make, good for your skin and you’re gonna love it because it tastes so good.
- 2 cups water (500 milliliters)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (260 grams)
- 6 dates
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.