- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 loaf of Italian or French bread (1 pound or 450 g), see notes
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Add the garlic, oil, parsley, salt and pepper to a food processor or a blender and blend until smooth. I prefer a chunky texture, so I use a food processor, but it’s up to you.
- Cut the bread in half, horizontally, and spread the mixture on both sides of the bread.
- Place the bread onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut the bread and serve immediately. Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 4-5 days. Best when fresh, you can reheat it or enjoy it cold.
- Serving Size: 1 piece of 16
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.2 g