- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 3 tbsp water
- Use store-bought flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed) or grind flaxseed in a coffee or spice grinder or a powerful blender.
- Add 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal to a small bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of water and stir until well combined.
- Let it rest in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- You can use your flax eggs in place of regular eggs in your baking recipes, such as vegan brownies, vegan pancakes, vegan chocolate chip cookies, or vegan banana bread.
- It’s a 1:1 ratio, so you need 1 flax egg for every regular egg in a recipe.
- Flax eggs only work in baking. However, if you’d like to make vegan versions of recipes that contain regular eggs, I suggest you try things like tofu scramble or vegan eggs Benedict.
- You can either use golden or brown flax seeds. A lot of bakers prefer to use golden flax seeds better because they are lighter in color and less noticeable in the finished product.
- If you can’t find flaxseed, you could use chia seeds instead. Just follow the same recipe (1 tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 tbsp water).
- Serving Size: 1 flax egg
- Calories: 35
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1.5 g