- 1/2 cup brown rice (100 g)
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower (100 g)
- 1 cup unsweetened oat or rice milk (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 355ºF or 180ºC.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Use vegetable broth instead of water for a more intense flavor.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper. Slice the mushrooms, place them onto the baking tray and bake them for about 15 or 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook the cauliflower and the milk in a saucepan or a skillet until the cauliflower is soft (5-7 minutes).
- Place the cauliflower and the milk in a blender with the rest of the sauce ingredients (lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast and salt) and blend until smooth.
- Mix the sauce with the rice in a skillet and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with the baked mushrooms and some chopped parsley on top.