I used to love cheese before I become a vegan and I don't miss it at all because there are many delicious alternatives that are healthier and cruelty-free, everybody wins!
We know you also love vegan cheeses, that's why we want to share with you this fat-free vegan cheese sauce, which is inspired in our vegan cheese that is one of our most popular recipes. As we're following a low-fat vegan diet, we're making low-fat or fat-free versions of our recipes and they taste amazing!
You can eat this cheese as a dip with tortilla chips or crudités, use it to make creamy fat-free vegan mac and cheese recipes, risotto or any cheesy dish you like. We use it all the time to make mac and cheese and also add some steamed veggies to get a tastier and more nutritious recipe.
Everybody loves this cheese, even the non-vegans! Our family and friends love it so much. ? If you're searching for non-dairy alternatives, you definitely need to try this cheese, it won't disappoint you!
- Add your favorite unsweetened plant milk instead of the water for a creamier cheese.
- If you don't eat soy, add some sea salt. If the cheese is too thick, add more water or lemon juice.
- Feel free to add onion powder, chili powder, black pepper or other herbs or spices.
Fat Free Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups chopped peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ¾ cup water
- 4 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Steam or boil the potatoes and carrots for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!