- 5 cups water (1 l + 250 ml)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils (100 g)
- 1 pound potatoes (450 g)
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pour 2 cups of water (500 ml) into a large pot and bring it to a boil. Then add the veggies (chopped), except the potatoes and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Blend the sauce and pour it into the pot again.
- Add the tomato paste, stir and add the lentils and 3 cups of water more (750 ml). Cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes (diced) and cook for another 20 minutes or until they’re cooked.
- Add the oregano, paprika and salt, stir and cook for 5 minutes more.