- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts (140 g)
- 1 1/2 cup Medjool dates (300 g)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor or a powerful blender and blend until they have a crumbly texture.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder, and coconut oil, and blend again.
- Make the balls with your hands. I made 18 of them.
- Serve them with a glass of plant milk, such as oat milk, soy milk, and cashew milk, among others.
- You can store them in a sealed container in the fridge for about 2 weeks or freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Use any kind of roasted or raw nuts you want. Roasted nuts are my favorite choice as they have a more intense flavor, but that’s up to you.
- Medjool dates are the best option, but any other type of dates will also work. However, if you use another kind of date, you may need to soak them overnight or for at least 1 hour in hot water.
- Coconut oil is the best option, but any other oil will do.
- If you’re oil-free, you could omit it and add syrup instead, although I’ve never tried it myself.
- Serving Size: 1 energy ball
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 1.7 g