I always have dates in my kitchen, I eat them every day because they’re a good source of iron and other important nutrients.
To make this recipe I recommend you to use Medjool dates because they taste better and are really sticky, although I made a raw brownies recipe a few years ago for my Spanish blog using Deglet Nour dates and they worked, but I had to soak them overnight and I also added more syrup. I don’t know if you can use other dried fruits, but you could try if you can’t find dates in your area.
This is a perfect recipe for this summer because you don’t have to use the oven, although I also eat these raw brownies in winter, actually they’re one of my favorite desserts because they’re ridiculously delicious, super healthy and really easy to make. These easy raw vegan brownies will change your life!
- Feel free to use other nuts (pecans are great!) or even you can use only one type of nuts to make a simpler recipe.
- You can use other sweetener instead of the maple syrup or don’t use any because the dates are really sweet.
- I’m in love with raw cacao powder, but unsweetened cocoa powder works really well, although it has a less intense flavor, so you should add more.
Product I used to make this recipe (affiliate link):
- 1 cup walnuts (115 g)
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts (135 g)
- 2 cups Medjool dates (400 g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (22 g)
- Place the walnuts and the hazelnuts in a food processor or a powerful blender (food processors work better) and blend until they have a crumbly texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
- Place the mixture into a baking tray and freeze for 1 or 2 hours before cutting. Then keep them in the fridge.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).